In commemoration of absolutely nothing at all, we/I’ve decided to have another banner contest. You know that image above this post? We want more of those. Click the link below for more details.
most some very few a microscopic number of you will remember, EveTaku had a banner contest in May of 2011 and January of 2012. I’m thinking of making it a biannual thing; once near the start of the year, and once near the middle. Regardless, we’re having another one, and it will be fabulous MAX.
Simply put: we would like new banners for the site. Why? Because it’s nice to have shiny new images every now and then, but we’re too busy making fabulous subtitles. This is where you come in. We’re asking you to make banners for the EveTaku website.
This is a great opportunity to help out the group/site, even if you don’t have the required skills to work on a show (if you do, click here – we’re nice people), or if you lack monetary funds to donate (if you do, click here – it’s safe, we promise!). Provided you have a little “art taste” in you, a product of your creation may be on the site, and we’d be forever thankful for your work.
The rules are relatively simple. Since I’m lazy, I’ll just re-post them from the last time we had a banner thingie.
- The banner should be 992×296 pixels. The height is somewhat variable, but the width must remain 992 pixels.
- Try to use a color scheme that fits the site. In other words, blue is your friend, and yellow is not your friend.
- No rounded edges.
- .jpg or .png files preferred.
- You must have “EveTaku” somewhere in the banner. Our little slogan “A little bit of EVErything oTAKU” is optional, but preferred.
- Don’t use any images that you wouldn’t want your grandmother seeing. Okay, fine, nobody’s grandmother would want to see an image of an anime character, but you get the idea – no R-18 images.
- Characters from series we have done or are in the process of doing are preferred (that’s not sexual I swear), but you are free to choose any 2D character you like.
- Our criterion for accepting an entered banner is that a) it can’t look bad and b) it’s gotta have some taste.
With that said and done, let it be known that you can submit any number of images as you want. There’s no limit to how many images you can create.
To enter, Leave a comment on this post with a link to your creation. Imgur or any other simple file-hosting service is preferred. We’ll look over each and every one. Entries will be accepted until Wednesday, August 8th – though, we’re pretty lenient on that deadline. An entry a day late won’t hurt anyone.